Six things that you might not know about applying for a job:
1. Selection bias is real – male names are better than female, common names are better than foreign names.
2. Photos aren’t necessary – and introduce more opportunity for discrimination.
3. Age is not needed either – more opportunity for discrimination.
4. Dates – especially for education – are not needed.
5. Bots scan your resumes – make sure OCR is on/present.
6. Bots scan your resumes – make sure yours has relevant keywords in it (search and highlight within job ads and PDs and check against your resume.