Applying for a new job is a stressful task for most people most of the time.
For PhD students, graduates or you academics it can be even harder! Why?
For most things you do, there is direct, timely and detailed feedback. Thesis, grants, papers – all have peer review processes that result in feedback.
But, when it comes to applying for a job, you basically get no feedback. At best, you’ll be told you missed the cut. You won’t be getting an interview. Or maybe you’re lucky and get interviewed. But miss out at that stage because “the other candidate was a better fit”.
So, if you’re looking for feedback on your job search process – LinkedIn strategy, resumes, cover letters, interviews, follow-ups – I can help.
I’ve worked with PhD students, recent graduates and established professors to enhance their job search strategy.
How does it work?
- You pay here
- That’ll trigger a workflow and you’ll get a confirmation email including:
- a scheduling link to book your meeting
- request for background information such as your resume, CV, cover letters, job ad(s), LinkedIn, application history (successes and failures)
- You send me the relevant information
- I review what you send me
- We meet via zoom and together we review your approach, looking at ways you can make adjustments that result in more call backs and/or practice your interview.
- The meeting is recorded and I send you a copy for your future review/reference.
- You make changes you see fit and send to me (again) if you want.
- I send you further comments and we’re done.
Your investment with me
- $770 AUD inc GST upfront
- Sending through relevant files and information for me to review
- Willingness to act on the advice
- 1 hour for the meeting and several hours to update your strategy
My investment in you
- Time to review your application approach
- Provision of useful resume and cover letter templates
- Session recording
- email check-in to see how the the implemented changes have impacted your outcomes