As a PhD student, and then as an academic, there are two things you’ll need to manage – files and data. Everyone seems to grow up with their own system. Often it is a bit of a mix and match. Things you learned through trial and error. Something someone once said. A system the university forced you to use.
Let’s use one approach. Consistently. It’ll save time. Money. Effort. Energy. Mental capacity.
And, I’ll cover the approach in this workshop. Of course, I am not closed off to new or different ideas. So, bring your approaches and we can grow and learn together.
- Wednesday 11 May 2022
- 12:30 – 13:45 (Melb, Aus time) (check my timezone)
- It’ll also be recorded and sent to all registrants (but not shared on the public web)
- Zoom (you’ll get the details via email)
Who should attend
- brand new PhD students wanting to implement a (near) perfect system from the start
- EMCRs sick of using FINAL, FINAL FINAL, or FINAL SUBMITTED FINAL in document names and still not knowing what was THE document that was sent
- Academics interested in hearing an alternate view about file and data management
- Administrators who manage files and data on behalf of others