Good careers are essential for a good life. Even if your job is “just a job” having a good career is still important. Despite that, the places where we start our careers (high schools, universities) and where we undertake our careers (workplaces) don’t offer career planning. Instead we are “performance managed” focusing on yearly goals that relate more to what the company wants, than what we do. Not to mention the loft goals that are never attained. Or the ideals of training programs attended or exchanges undertaken that all come to nothing.
Instead, I reckon we should be planning at a larger scale – 5 or 10 years. As well as at a smaller scale – semesters or quarters.
And this is what I’ll fix in this half-day workshop. We’ll do a career plan that sets the big goals, as well as look at how you can keep track of progress at a more reasonable scale/timeframe.
What to expect
4 hours a group of up to 20 people.
Tuesday 25 Jan 1 pm to 5 pm (Melb, Aus Time) (check my timezone)
Via zoom, which allows recording and play back later for those who register in advance.
- Direct review of your current career planning strategies and approaches
- Confidential discussion of what you want from your career
- Tips on:
- Skill identification and development
4 hours for the workshop.
$99 (AUD inc GST) up front via EFT or credit or paypal.
What you’ll need
Sound work ethic
Computer, internet connection, camera and mic
Willingness to work with me and others in the group
- Willingness to share your career thoughts, experiences and aspirations
When does it run?
- Tuesday 25 Jan 1 pm to 5 pm (Melb, Aus Time) (check my timezone).
- The workshop was fantastic. Your advice was clear and practical. I learned a lot from you and am keen to make my resume more graphic. Dr Sundy Yang, Research and Graduate Research Project Coordinator