Applying for (academic) promotion is a tedious task.
Indeed, I have helped several people get promoted. And, in the end, it was easier to find a job at the next level up than apply for promotion internally…
However, there are good reasons to apply. From continuity for yourself, your staff, your family. To familiarity of place, activity, people.
In this workshop, we’ll discuss the promotion process and how you can build the best possible case. We’ll also consider what the approach looks like compared with applying for a (different) job.
And, if you’re applying for a promotion (as a new job, or internally), bring your application along and we can do a real-life case study.
- Wednesday 2 Nov 2022
- 12:30 – 13:45 (Melb, Aus time) (check my timezone)
- It’ll also be recorded and sent to all registrants (but not shared on the public web)
- Zoom (you’ll get the details via email)
Who should attend
- Researchers looking for promotion
- Researchers thinking about promotion in the next 2 years