Every Wednesday from 1230 to 1315 (Melbourne, Australia Time), I run a free workshop on various topics aimed at PhD students, ECRs and established researchers.
How I work
I’m an inspiring and engaging speaker (well my mum thinks so) who is passionate about making the most of your training beyond your PhD.
Are you a PhD student or academic? Do you want to know what’s next or what else is possible?
I help academic institutions and their staff be commercially smart about the application and implementation of their research ideas.
- Taking Time OffIt can be hard to take time off. But it is essential for our physical and mental wellbeing. To make matters worse, our role models – aka supervisors and bosses – can appear like they don’t need, nor take annual leave. EVER! In this workshop, I talked about the value of taking time off, setting […]
- Eight Ideas on Improving Your ProductivityEight tips to increase your productivity: Important stuff first. Boot up routine. Shut down routine. Three items to-do list. Strive for productive not efficient. Set work schedule. State your intent. Do the difficult stuff first.
- Here are 8 different things you could try, together or separately, to improve your time management, and thus your productivity.
- This post is inspired by episode 695 of This American Life (everyone's a critic).
- Eight things I did to get better at social media: Attend workshops and training on being better at social media. Build a follower persona. […]
- It can be hard to take time off. But it is essential for our physical and mental wellbeing. To make matters worse, our role […]
- Eight tips to increase your productivity: Important stuff first. Boot up routine. Shut down routine. Three items to-do list. Strive for productive not efficient. […]
- On Amazon you can see the reviewer history. You can see what other products they’ve reviewed, and what they said. Would a similar approach […]
- Looking for work is one of the hardest career activities you will do. Despite the so-called resilience of researchers and being used to grant […]