Are you a PhD student or academic? Do you want to know what’s next or what else is possible?
I help academic institutions and their staff be commercially smart about the application and implementation of their research ideas.
I’m an inspiring and engaging speaker (well my mum thinks so) who is passionate about making the most of your training beyond your PhD.
Every Wednesday from 1230 to 1315 (Melbourne, Australia Time), I run a free workshop on various topics aimed at PhD students, ECRs and established researchers.
- Using MS Word to Write Your Thesis (Apr 2021)
- On Having Non-Work Time
- Six Lessons I’ve Learned Helping Researchers with Social Media
- I'm a believer in making sure you have non-work time. You really need a good range of activities to keep your mind and body fresh. Even if you love work, and what you do for money is never "work". Or even if you love your PhD and it is never "difficult". Diverse interests will make […]
- Like it or not, social media is here to stay. And as academics and researchers, it means you’ll need to make use of it. Or make better use of it. Or make more use of it.
- So often I hear, “What program should I use to write my thesis?” And, like photographers say the best camera is the one you […]
- In this AMA edition, Richard answers questions he received online. He covers topics about making PhD progress, the changing nature of your research questions […]
- Although most people will recommend that you write your thesis as you go. Although most people will discourage you from leaving writing until the […]
- The problem most academics have working with industry is that they assume industry is like them. So here are 4 tips to help you […]
- What questions do you have about looking for work? I’ve listed a few here. But if you’ve got others I’d love to know. Maybe […]